Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fear of being next

I guess god didn’t want me to wait for long to get an answer to my questions.

A few minutes back I received a SMS that almost answered to a lot of my questions I had asked in my previous post. Those few words shared on my mobile screen spoke a thousand words even without speaking, they reflected how does a young Indian today feel about what’s happening around him.

Before starting the description let me copy what SMS read, it said

“Hi, I am going to Sarojini Nagar to buy a surprise for my mom and I haven’t told my mom about it, if a bomb explodes please do call her and let her know.”

After talking about doubts in the minds of people, a constant fear roaming on roads, it was just a matter to talk. But, never in my wild imagination had I thought it to be true to the fact that we would start informing everyone before stepping out of our houses.

What are we doing? Aren’t we in a way making fun of our democracy? Aren’t we scared to use our rights given to us by constitution?

What do I tell to this friend of mine? If I say your fear is false, I am not justified to myself, if I say you should not go out I am letting the terrorism win over our mindset.

Eitherways, its I who as a common man lose.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i dont think u really went to police station or u gave the info to a policewala, as per my information salary of all policewala's across India is directly getting transfered to their respective bank accounts ... Majorly banks like Axis, State Bank of India etc etc. where to withdraw their money they have to use the plastic card. And i m still unable to understand why any policewala in Delhi didnt register ur complaint as DP is more humble and respectful as compare to UP police.