Monday, September 15, 2008

Are we safe of are we next?

Sitting by the window of a coffee shop in CP at 6:30 PM, busy in discussions with friends i heard a loud explosion. I suddenly got up to see what happened, after seeing a cloud of smoke over the Central Park, i understood it is something serious. A waiter rushed in shouting "It's a bomb blast". All of us were asked to be seated, though majority of people potrayed to be casual, ignoring the shout. While most of us were enjoying food and drinks, i was observing people rushing outside, it was a contrast of 2 worlds.


I imm. called home and informed dad about me being safe, he insisted to rush back home(he didnt know about rest of the blasts). 

My heart prompted me to go and help people, my mind forced me to rush back home. Honestly, fear and learnings from Ahemdabad, Surat and Bangalore blast didnt let me go beyond myself and my mind won. 

As soon as i got out of the coffee shop, i got the horrific news of 5 explosions. Badly nervous, i started my drive back home, trying to call all my friends staying near by CP and GK. It wasn't a good experience, with traffic on road and jammers placed in blast affected area, it was next to impossible to reach out to anyone.

It was all still better until i saw what has happened on TV after coming back home. I realised that a few meters away from me were lying dead bodies, innocents who didnt even know who killed them, who dint even know why they are killed.


A couple of thoughts:

Are we safe? What is the gurantee that next time we are not the ones targeted?

Why is it that us and the govt is always reactive?

Will there is a permanent solution to such issues?

Is it fair to shy away from helping people being scared of another blast? (specially ones at hospital)



And if you call yourself Indian Mujahideen then why are you killing innocent fellow Indians?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Vikas whatever you wrote touched my heart. I could imagine myself being there.. being as one of the victims..